NorCap’s Beijing Internship Program:
Our experience has taught us that you need five elements to survive in Beijing: an internship, apartment, Mandarin, cell phone, and social circle. Newcomers to Beijing, and even those who have been here before, often spend weeks or even months lining up a job, housing, language classes, phone, and friends before being able to settle into school or work. NorCap China Internships arranges these five essential factors for you before you step foot in China so that you can concentrate on making the most of your internship experience and learn how to navigate one of the most exciting cities in the world. Our programs include twice-weekly language tutoring lessons for those not already fluent in Mandarin.
NorCap China Internships specializes in helping Americans and other students studying in the US find internships in Beijing for the summer, fall, winter, or spring. Your internship will be the focal point of your China experience and a platform for you to experience professional life in Beijing. Internships are full or part-time positions in a variety of fields including government and public affairs, finance, consulting, hospitality, media and advertising, art and design, journalism, engineering, architecture and urban planning and technology. You will have the opportunity to work with seasoned professionals in dynamic organizations and network with both like-minded students as well as other professionals in your field.
Arrival and Living in Beijing:
When you arrive in Beijing, NorCap will arrange for a staff member to greet you at the airport and show you to your home-stay or apartment. This person will serve as a resource to you for any questions you have about where to go to eat, meet up with friends, relax, or sight-see. Once you land you will also receive a cell phone, map of Beijing, and contact details for your apartment as well as employer. Our goal with the greeting process is to ensure that after Day 1, you’re ready to settle in and begin your internship.
After you’re settled in, NorCap will host a Welcome to Beijing Dinner to answer any questions you have and provide a chance to meet the other students and professionals interning in Beijing. Throughout the summer, fall, winter, or spring, we will also arrange activities for everyone to connect, catch up, and tour the city.
NorCap’s programs include the following services and arrangements for students and professionals interning in Beijing:
- Internship: customized placement in an internship that fits your goals and skills
- Pick-up and hosting: NorCap staff meets you at the airport with your local smartphone with SIM card, public transport card, and Welcome Packet
- Housing: arrangements for a home-stay with a Beijing family or an independent apartment in downtown Beijing (program fee includes rent)
- Language study: twice-a-week, one-on-one tutoring lessons throughout the duration of your program
- Welcome Banquet: connect with NorCap Staff, Ad Board, and other interns all living in Beijing
- Events: social, touring, and networking events for personal and professional development
- Visa: visa processing papers provided (program fee excludes visa fee itself)
- Health and travel insurance: recommendations regarding reliable health insurance for your stay in Beijing (program fee excludes health insurance)
- 24/7 support and guidance from NorCap Staff