NorCap maintains close relations with reputable companies in a variety of industries, including but not limited to government and public affairs, finance, consulting, film and entertainment, engineering, marketing, entrepreneurship, architecture and urban planning, journalism, and hospitality. Based on your skills and interests, we place you in an internship where you will succeed.
Read more about the internships of past NorCap Interns below:
Media and Advertising Internship
As a rising senior at Princeton University, Anna worked at Plus Factory, a digital media advertising agency specializing in digital, web, and mobile development. The company’s three offices in Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City and New York City collaborate on projects for international clients such as Nike, Verizon, and Robe di Kappa Fashion. As an account management intern, Anna facilitated communication with NYC and learned a lot about the advertising industry in China. She added, “One of the most valuable parts of my internship was being part of this extremely young and close-knit team of coworkers who were all Chinese and only spoke to me in Mandarin. I grew so much.”
Finance and PR Internship
Summer 2012 Intern David worked with the investor relations team of Ogilvy Public Relations. A rising senior at the University of Southern California (USC) at the time, David focused his studies on business administration and was therefore eager to put his talents to use with a firm at the intersection of China business and the U.S. capital markets. The NorCap group also visited David’s office that summer, during which time David’s manager met with us to introduce the investor relations team, the Ogilvy network, and the broader PR industry, as well as to discuss David’s work on behalf of the team’s China-based, U.S.-listed clients.
NorCap Intern and Drexel co-op student Gil interned at Sinotrans in the Energy Logistics division, spending his spring and summer terms abroad in a country he had never been to before. As a mechanical engineering major, Gil leveraged his ability with PRO/E to create animation working models of ships, cranes and wind blades. He also worked with the director of international business development to research and implement new bidding proposal templates, then translating them into his native language of Portuguese. This position pushed Gil’s ability to think critically and problem solve, encouraging him to develop innovative, sustainable solutions and new project management skills.
Syracuse University student Stefan interned at a tech startup in Beijing the summer before his senior year, gaining first-hand experience at a growing company (now industry leader) in app store analytics and market intelligence that serves clients in Silicon Valley and across the global market. Working alongside the App Annie business development team, Stefan conducted vendor research on lead generation providers as well as market research on the sub genres and location breakdown of players in the mobile industry. A business major pursuing a minor in Global Enterprise Technology, Stefan was able to further his ‘global technology’ studies in an incredibly unique and real way.
Below are more examples of the types of opportunities available with us:
- Management role at luxury, five-star hotel for hospitality major
- Print or video/multi-media internship with one of the largest American daily newspapers
- Opportunities with one of the world’s leading PR firms
- Public affairs research position at global strategic communications firm
- Branding and marketing position with Chinese designer for fashion design student
- Film production and PR internship with one of China’s top entertainment and film companies
- Business development and teaching internship at education consulting and test prep company
- Analyst internship with international firm assisting Chinese boutique investment banking
- Position with one of the world’s largest commercial real estate services companies
- Business development internship with non-profit focusing on U.S.-China cooperation in the clean energy sector
- Programming position with leading social media technology and consultancy firm